MISENHEIMER, N.C. – Pfeiffer University’s Sarah Hebberd (Golden, CO) has been selected as the national Vice Chair of the NCAA II Student-Athlete Advisory Committee. A member of the Lady Falcons lacrosse team, Hebberd was tabbed second in command at a recent meeting of the nationwide SAAC committee. Hebberd will also continue to lead SAAC at Pfeiffer and Conference Carolinas.
Hebberd’s responsibilities as vice chair for division two are as follows:
1. Supervise the distribution of legislative grids to all SAAC representatives. The cover memo that explains the process will be sent under the vice-chair's signature.
2. Compile the feedback from the conferences and independent institutions into one Division II Grid for use at the January meeting.
3. Designate Division II SAAC members to prepare speeches on controversial topics for the NCAA Convention.
4. Update the legislative speaking points sheet that will be distributed for use at the NCAA Convention.
5. Return conference grids to the appropriate SAAC representative.
6. Oversee the discussion and voting on legislative issues at Division II SAAC meeting.
7. Solicit suggestions to improve the legislation feedback process.
8. Participate on bi-weekly executive subcommittee conference calls.
9. Fill in for the chair as needed.
As vice chair, Hebberd will also lead the SAAC’s legislative subcommittee. This subcommittee is responsible for insuring that the legislative grids are distributed; that proposed legislation is understood; to compile a master list of conference and independent institutions’ positions and comments on the proposed legislation; and assigning SAAC members to prepare for speeches at the NCAA convention.
Hebberd, a senior at Pfeiffer, continues to maintain an outstanding record in the classroom and on the field, balancing her extra-curricular activities with her high grade-point average. Hebberd and the Lady Falcons lacrosse team will kick off the 2011 season on Saturday, February 19th at Lenoir-Rhyne University.