FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PFEIFFER SPORTS INFORMATION
Sunday, October 16, 2011
**Failure to comply with any of these rules will result in your removal from the athletic training room**
Athletes must have a completed Pfeiffer University Physical and Medical Insurance form on file with the Staff Athletic Trainers prior to any sports participation.
- Only varsity athletes will be treated in the athletic training room (no club or intramural sports).
- Athletes must shower prior to entering the athletic training room post-practice (except in emergency situations).
- Supplies and/or equipment are not to be removed from the athletic training room without permission from a Staff Athletic Trainer (i.e. tape, scissors, medicattions, exercise equipment, etc.).
- Treatment will be administered as directed by a Staff Athletic Trainer after evaluation. These treatments are to be scheduled with your assigned staff athletic trainer at times most suitable for both individuals.
- This is a co-ed facility. Proper dress is required (decent t-shirts, shorts, etc.).
- Taping and treatment will be on a first come, first serve order, regardless of gender or sport. In-season sports will priority. Arrive early before practice. It will be your responsibility to get to practice on time. Do not use the athletic trainers as an excuse for late arrival to practice.
- Please leave equipment and personal bags outside of the athletic training room.
- It is your responsibility as an athlete to report all injuries/illnesses to a Staff Athletic Trainer. Failure to do so will invalidate any insurance coverage by the University. It is also your responsibility to wear any required protective equipment, such as mouth guards, shin guards, pads, or helmets properly fitted to you.
- Report all prescription medications and over-the-counter nutritional supplements you may be using to a Staff Athletic Trainer. False information on supplements could result in a positive drug test for banned substances contained in the product. Athletes face positive drug test penalties in these cases.
- The staff and students are committed to providing athletes with the best possible health care. Please treat our staff and student workers in a professional, courteous, and respectful manner. Failure to do so will revoke athletic training room privileges.
- Please respect and return University property, including water bottles, coolers, etc.
- Cell phone use is forbidden in the athletic training room. This is to ensure the confidentiality and privacy of all athletes who enter.
- No shoes allowed on treatment or taping tables.
- No cleats/turfs - No profanity - No loitering - No tobacco products - No energy drinks allowed in the athletic training room
- Please practice proper hygiene (i.e. showering, washing practice/game clothes, no sharing towels or hygiene products, etc.) in order to reduce the risk of MRSA or other bacterial agents in the athletic training room and locker rooms.