Elon, N.C. – The Pfeiffer men's and women's track team competed at the Phoenix Invitational held on the campus of Elon University. The meet served as the last tune-up before the conference championships in two weeks.
· Four school records were broken on the day. The men's 800m run, 3000m Steeple, 400m Hurdles and the 400m dash.
· Freshman Devon Williams broke two of those records. Williams ran times of 1:58.69 (12th) in the 800m and 10:19.53 (2nd) in the steeple.
· Freshman Tevin Colson broke the school record in the 400m Hurdles. Colson's time of 57.23 landed him an 8th place finish.
· Sophomore Xavier Huntley broke the 400m dash record for the second consecutive meet running a time of 49.57.
· Junior Klay Gill turned in a top-ten finish in the men's hammer throwing a mark of 40.38m (132-6).
· Junior Sean Bryant just missed making the finals in the 100m dash. Bryant's time of 11.23 landed him in 9th place in the preliminary rounds.
· Junior Cassidy Hooper finished 14th in the 1500m running a time of 5:15.74
Top 3 Finishes:
Sophomore Xavier Huntley (3rd) – 400m Dash (49.57)
Freshman Devon Williams (2nd) – 3000m Steeple (10:19.53)
Sophomore Xavier Huntley – 400m Dash (49.57)
Freshman Tyler Wallace – 400m Dash (57.81)
Freshman Devon Williams – 800m Run (1:58.69) and 3000m Steeple (10:19.53)
Freshman Tevin Colson – 400m Hurdles (57.23)
Junior Klay Gill – Hammer Throw (40.38m [132-6])
Senior Dana Johnson – 1500m (6:27.68)
Freshman Tonishea Ford – Discus (29.88m [98-0])
Freshman Chevalier Blaire – Discus (28.92m [94-10])
Senior Tiffany Dingess – Javelin (17.81m [58-5])
The Falcons will travel to Berea, Ky, to Berea College for the Atlantic Independent Track and Field Championships on April 27th and 28th.